A NSW Government website
Assessment Certification Examination (ACE)
NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA)

Higher School Certificate students: study with an external provider

ACE 8061

Last Updated: 1 September 2022

The principal may give approval for a student to study additional course(s) with an external provider.

An external provider is any organisation that the school has entered into an arrangement with to deliver a specified course of study that is part of the curriculum to a student or students enrolled at the school.

The delivery of such a course may take place on school premises or elsewhere.

External providers include:

  • government and registered schools
  • NSW School of Languages
  • Distance Education Centres
  • TAFE Digital
  • Department of Education's Secondary College of Languages
  • Institute of TAFE Colleges
  • Registered Training Organisations (RTOs)
  • universities