Higher School Certificate students entering the NSW system from interstate or overseas
Last Updated: 25 July 2018
A student who enters the NSW system from interstate or overseas for the first time and wishes to enter for HSC courses in that year must demonstrate to the principal’s satisfaction that they:
- have the equivalent of a Record of School Achievement
- have achieved the outcomes of the requisite Preliminary courses
- are able to enter in sufficient time:
– for the student to meet all the requirements of the HSC courses
– for the school to provide assessment mark(s).
They will normally enter by 30 June.
Alternatively, students may enter (by 30 June) to study HSC courses by self-tuition.
Students entered to study by self-tuition are eligible to receive a Result Notice only.
Note: students arriving after 30 September of the HSC course year may not sit for the examination.