Eligibility requirements for the Higher School Certificate
Last Updated: 20 July 2018
Changes to ACE rules and procedures are occurring to reflect the Stronger HSC Standards reforms.
NESA strongly encourages all ACE users to review the Summary of Changes that may impact the below.
To be eligible for the award of the Higher School Certificate, students must:
- have gained the Record of School Achievement or such other qualifications as the NSW Education Standard Authority (NESA) considers satisfactory;
- have attended a government school, an accredited non-government school, a school outside New South Wales recognised by NESA or a college of TAFE;
- have completed HSC: All My Own Work (or its equivalent);
- have satisfactorily completed courses that comprise the pattern of study required by NESA for the award of the Higher School Certificate; and
- sit for and make a serious attempt at the requisite Higher School Certificate examinations.
Note: Students undertaking only Stage 6 Life Skills courses are not required to complete the HSC: All My Own Work program or its equivalent.