Eligibility requirements for the Higher School Certificate
Last Updated: 27 February 2013
To be eligible for the award of the Higher School Certificate, students must:
- have gained the Record of School Achievement or such other qualifications as the Board of Studies considers satisfactory;
- have attended a government school, an accredited non-government school, a school outside New South Wales recognised by the Board of Studies NSW or a college of TAFE;
- have completed HSC: All My Own Work (or its equivalent);
- have satisfactorily completed courses that comprise the pattern of study required by the Board for the award of the Higher School Certificate; and
- sit for and make a serious attempt at the requisite Higher School Certificate examinations.
Note: Students undertaking only Stage 6 Life Skills courses are not required to complete the HSC: All My Own Work program or its equivalent.