Stage 6 Life Skills courses
Last Updated: 23 December 2013
Stage 6 Life Skills courses have been developed for the small percentage of students with special education needs for whom the regular outcomes and content of Board Developed and/or Board Endorsed Courses are not appropriate.
The Stage 6 Life Skills courses can be undertaken in combination with other Board Developed and/or Board Endorsed Courses to meet the requirements for the award of the Higher School Certificate.
Stage 6 Life Skills courses have Board Developed status. Each Stage 6 Life Skills course comprises a 2-unit 120-hour Preliminary course and a 2-unit 120-hour HSC course.
The Stage 6 Life Skills courses are as follows:
- Community and Family Studies Life Skills1
- Creative Arts Life Skills
- Dance Life Skills
- Drama Life Skills
- Music Life Skills
- Visual Arts Life Skills
- English Life Skills
- Human Society and Its Environment Life Skills2
- Aboriginal Studies Life Skills2
- Business and Economics Life Skills2
- Citizenship and Legal Studies Life Skills2
- Geography Life Skills2
- History Life Skills2
- Society and Culture Life Skills2
- Studies of Religion I Life Skills3
- Studies of Religion II Life Skills2
- Mathematics Life Skills
- Personal Development, Health and Physical Education Life Skills
- Science Life Skills
- Technology Life Skills
- Agriculture Life Skills
- Design and Technology Life Skills
- Food Technology Life Skills
- Industrial Technology Life Skills
- Information Processes and Technology Life Skills
- Textiles and Design Life Skills
- Work and the Community Life Skills.
As with the study of all Board Developed Courses, exclusions apply to the study of Life Skills courses such that students may not study more than one 240-hour course in the same subject. For example, a student cannot include both English (Standard) and English Life Skills in the pattern of study for the award of the Higher School Certificate.